The Policy describes our policies on the collection, use, and disclosure of information about you in connection with your use of our services, including those offered through our websites, emails, and mobile applications (collectively, the "Service").
The terms "we", "us", "our" and "Influential" refer to The Influential Network, Inc.
When you use the Service, you consent to our collection, use, and disclosure of information about you as described in this Policy.
- INFORMATION WE COLLECT AND HOW WE USE IT
We may collect and store information about you in connection with your use of the Service, including any information you transmit to or through the Service.
We use that information to provide the Service’s functionality, fulfill your requests, improve the Service’s quality, engage in research and analysis relating to the Service, personalize your experience, track usage of the Service, market the Service, provide customer support, message you, back up our systems, allow for disaster recovery, enhance the security of the Service, and comply with legal obligations.
Even when we do not retain such information, it still must be transmitted to our servers initially and stored long enough to process. Additionally:
- Account Information: If you create an account with Influential, we may store and use the information you provide during that process, such as your full name, email address, zip code, physical address, social media handles and other information you may provide with your account, such as your gender, phone number, and birth date.
You can modify some of the information associated with your account through the applicable product’s account settings.
- Communications: When you sign up for an account or use certain features, you are opting to receive messages from other users, businesses, and Influential.
You can manage some of your notification preferences through the Service, but note that you cannot opt out of receiving certain administrative, transactional, or legal messages from Influential.
We may also store information that you provide through communications to us, including from phone calls, emails and other electronic messages, or through the Service.
Our calls with you may be monitored and recorded for quality purposes.
- Transactions: If you initiate a transaction through the Service, such as a purchase, we may collect and store information about you, such as your name, phone number, address and email, as well as any other information you provide to us, in order to process your transaction, send communications about them to you, and populate forms for future transactions.
Notwithstanding the foregoing, Influential does not collect or store your credit card information as part of any transaction.
Any payment information, excluding your name and contact details, provided by you is not stored by us.
Purchases made through the Service which require you to input your credit card information use a third-party credit card payment service Stripe, for the purposes of processing credit card data.
- Activity: We may store information about your use of the Service, such as your search activity, the pages you view and the date and time of your visit.
We also may store information that your computer or mobile device may provide to us in connection with your use of the Service, such as your browser type, type of computer or mobile device, browser language, IP address, WiFi information such as SSID, mobile carrier, phone number, unique device identifier, advertising identifier, location (including geolocation, beacon based location, and GPS location), and requested and referring URLs.
We may also receive and store your location whenever our mobile applications are running, including when running in the background, if you enable our mobile apps to access such information in the course of using the Service.
You may be able to limit or disallow our use of certain location data through your device or browser settings, for example by adjusting the "Location Services" settings for our applications in iOS privacy settings.
- Different Devices: You may access the Service through different devices (e.g., your mobile phone or desktop computer) and different platforms (e.g., the Influential website or Influential mobile app).
The information that we collect and store through those different uses may be cross-referenced and combined, and your contributions through one Influential platform will typically be similarly visible and accessible through all other Influential platforms.
Cookies may have unique identifiers, and reside, among other places, on your computer or mobile device, in emails we send to you, and on our web pages.
Cookies may transmit information about you and your use of the Service, such as your browser type, search preferences, IP address, data relating to advertisements that have been displayed to you or that you have clicked on, and the date and time of your use.
Cookies may be persistent or stored only during an individual session.
You can set some Cookie preferences through your device or browser settings, but doing so may affect the functionality of the Service.
The method for disabling Cookies may vary by device and browser, but can usually be found in your device or browser preferences or security settings.
For example, iOS and Android devices each have settings which are designed to limit forms of ad tracking.
Please note that changing any of these settings does not prevent the display of certain advertisements to you.
|Processes||Intended to make the Service work in the way you expect.
For example, we use a Cookie that tells us whether you have already signed up for an account.|
|Authentication, Security, and Compliance||Intended to prevent fraud, protect your data from unauthorized parties, and comply with legal requirements.
|Preferences ||Intended to remember information about how you prefer the Service to behave and look.
For example, we use a Cookie that tells us whether you have declined to allow us to send push notifications to your phone.|
|Notifications ||Intended to allow or prevent notices of information or options that we think could improve your use of the Service.
For example, we use a Cookie that stops us from showing you the signup notification if you have already seen it.|
|Analytics ||Intended to help us understand how visitors use the Service.
For example, we use a Cookie that tells us how our search suggestions correlate to your interactions with the search page.|
- THIRD PARTIES
Third parties may receive information about you as follows:
- Service Providers: We may rely on third party providers to support or provide some of the services that are available through the Service.
We may also rely on third party providers to perform certain services for us in connection with your use of the Service, such as communications and hosting services, network security, technical and customer support, tracking and reporting functions, quality assurance testing, payment processing, our own marketing of the Service, and other functions.
We may share information from or about you with these third-party providers so that they can perform their services or complete your requests.
These third-party providers may share information with us that they obtain from or about you in connection with providing their services or completing your requests.
Third party providers may also share this information with their subsidiaries, joint ventures, or other companies under common control.
- Aggregate or Anonymous Information: We may share user information in the aggregate with third parties, such as data analytics, engagement rates and other information related to the Service.
We may also disclose anonymized information about your use of the Service.
- Business Transfers: We may share information from or about you with our parent companies, subsidiaries, joint ventures, or other companies under common control, in which case we will require them to honor this Policy.
If another company acquires Influential, or all or substantially all of our assets, that company will possess the same information, and will assume the rights and obligations with respect to that information as described in this Policy.
- Investigations and Legal Disclosures: We may investigate and disclose information from or about you if we have a good faith belief that such investigation or disclosure:
(a) is reasonably necessary to comply with legal process and law enforcement instructions and orders, such as a search warrant, subpoena, statute, judicial proceeding, or other legal process or law enforcement requests served on us;
(b) is helpful to prevent, investigate, or identify possible wrongdoing in connection with the Service; or
(c) protects our rights, reputation, property, or that of our users, affiliates, or the public.
- Links: The Service may link to third party services, such as Facebook and Instagram.
Except as set forth herein, we do not share your personal information with them, and are not responsible for their privacy practices.
We suggest you read the privacy policies on or applicable to all such third-party services.
- Third Party Accounts:
If you sign up for, or log into, Influential using a third-party service like Facebook or Google, or link your Influential account to your account with a third-party service like Facebook or Twitter, we may receive information about you from such third-party service.
- CONTROLLING YOUR PERSONAL DATA
Please note that the messages you send or receive using the Service are only private to the extent that both you and the person you are communicating with keep them private.
Also, we may access and disclose such messages in the course of investigations relating to use of the Service.
If you are a resident of a country outside of the European Union, you also agree that, in the event any dispute or claim arises out of or relating to this Policy that you and Influential will attempt in good faith to negotiate a written resolution of the matter directly between the parties.
You agree that if the matter remains unresolved for forty-five (45) days after notification (via certified mail or personal delivery) that a dispute exists, all parties shall join in mediation services in Clark County, Nevada with a mutually agreed mediator in an attempt to resolve the dispute.
Should you file any arbitration claims, or any administrative or legal actions without first having attempted to resolve the matter by mediation, then you agree that you will not be entitled to recover attorneys’ fees, even if you would otherwise be entitled to them.
- USERS OUTSIDE OF THE UNITED STATES
Our site is hosted in the United States.
If you are a user accessing our site from the European Union or any other region with laws or regulations governing personal data collection, use, and disclosure, that differ from United States laws, please be advised that your personal data will be processed outside of the European Economic Area (the “EEA”).
We will take all steps necessary to ensure that your information is adequately protected and processed in accordance with this Policy.
You consent to such cross-border transfers of your information.
Please contact us using the contact details set out in Section 11 if you want further information.
- YOUR RIGHTS
- You have certain rights in respect of the information that we hold about you, including:
You will not have to pay a fee to access your personal data (or to exercise any of the other rights).
However, we may charge a reasonable fee if your request is clearly unfounded, repetitive or excessive.
Alternatively, we may refuse to comply with your request in these circumstances.
We will try to respond to all legitimate requests within one month.
Occasionally it may take us longer than a month if your request is particularly complex or you have made a number of requests.
In this case, we will notify you and keep you updated.
- the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes;
- the right to request access to the information that we hold about you;
- in certain circumstances, the right to object to processing, i.e. to ask us to stop processing information about you; and
- the right to lodge a complaint about us to the UK Information Commissioner’s Office [LINK: https://ico.org.uk].
We may need to request specific information from you to help us confirm your identity and ensure your right to access your personal data (or to exercise any of your other rights).
This is a security measure to ensure that personal data is not disclosed to any person who has no right to receive it.
We may also contact you to ask you for further information in relation to your request to speed up our response.
Please note that we may need to retain certain information for our own record-keeping and research purposes.
We may also need to send you service-related communications relating to your website user account even when you have requested not to receive marketing communications.
- Additional Rights Under GDPR
In accordance with new data protection laws which will be in force from that date, you may have certain additional rights in respect of the information that we hold about you, including:
- the right to lodge a complaint about us to the UK Information Commissioner’s Office [LINK: https://ico.org.uk] or the relevant authority in your country of work or residence;
- the right to withdraw your consent for our use of your information in reliance of your consent, which you can do by contacting us using the details set out in Section 11;
- the right to object to our using your information on the basis of our legitimate interests; and
- the right to receive a copy of any information we hold about you in connection with the performance of our contract with you or on the basis of your consent (or request that we transfer this to another service provider) in a structured, commonly-used, machine readable format; and
- the right to ask us to limit or cease processing or erase information we hold about you in certain circumstances.
- How can I exercise my rights?
You may exercise your rights above by contacting us using the details set out in Section 11 or by using the unsubscribe option available on email communication you receive from us.
We will comply with your requests unless we have a lawful reason not to do so.
- DATA RETENTION AND ACCOUNT TERMINATION
You can close your account by contacting us as provided in Section 11.
We will remove certain account information, but we may retain information about you for the purposes authorized under this Policy unless prohibited by law.
For example, we may retain information to prevent, investigate, or identify possible wrongdoing in connection with the Service or to comply with legal obligations.
The Service is intended for general audiences and is not directed to children under 13.
We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 13.
If you become aware that a child has provided us with personal information without parental consent, please contact us on the address listed in Section 11.
If we become aware that a child under 13 has provided us with personal information without parental consent, we take steps to remove such information and terminate the child's account.
We use various safeguards to protect the personal information submitted to us, both during transmission and once we receive it.
However, no method of transmission over the Internet or via mobile device, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure.
Therefore, while we strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
- CONTACT US
If you have any questions or concerns regarding this Policy or the Service, please feel free to contact us at the following email or mailing address:Mailing Address:
Attn: Data Protection Team
823 Las Vegas Blvd., Suite 500
Las Vegas, NV 89101
- MODIFICATIONS TO THIS POLICY
We may revise this Policy from time to time.
The most current version of the Policy will govern our collection, use, and disclosure of information about you.
If we make material changes to this Policy, we will notify you by email or by posting a notice on the Service prior to the effective date of the changes.
By continuing to access or use the Service after those changes become effective, you acknowledge the revised Policy.
- CALIFORNIA RESIDENTS: YOUR CALIFORNIA PRIVACY RIGHTS
We do not disclose your personal information to third parties for the purpose of directly marketing their goods or services to you unless you first agree to such disclosure.
If you have any questions regarding this policy, or would like to change your preferences, you may contact us at the address listed in Section 11.